SEO ( Search engine optimization) is constantly changing world and as such, it is important to follow the trend and keep up with the momentum. In 2016 it is necessary to know and make use of these SEO tips, as they are basically modern in approaches to SEO concepts. In this blog post, I’m going to explain, describe and recommend 10 of these tips for your online success. I grouped them into five categories.
- Social media interaction.
- Email marketing and subscription techniques.
- Blog and website auditing.
- Keyword research.
- Link building and back-linking.
Table of Contents
Social media interaction
The power of the social media in SEO cannot be under-estimated. The social media is one way blog posts, topics are shared to thousands of people. The social media acts like a search engine on it’s own too. People these days just go to Google and Bing to look stuff up; they also use social media channels to find what they’re looking for. The stats below proof this;
- As of 2010, Twitter handled 19 Billion search queries.
- For first quarter of 2016, Facebook as been able to record 2 Billion searches per day.
- Youtube has been able to record 4 billion views per day and 6 billion videos watched. This is for 2016 alone.
As a serious blogger, you must learn to take your social media profiles and pages seriously because in there lies huge success!
2. Email marketing and subscription techniques
You can’t be a successful online marketer, blogger or publisher without embracing email marketing techniques. Every blogger’s dream is to have consistent visitors and views and email marketing and subscription is one way this can be achieved.
3. Blog and website auditing.
The overall health of your site and blog matters to how successful you will be; the architecture, navigation, Google penalty, load speed, duplication e.t.c. are part of the factors and features to consider when doing a site audit.
Recommended tools you need to audit and analyze your website and blog includes:
4. Keyword Research:
Keyword research is the process of researching and choosing words and phrases that users will search for, that directly relate to your business, product or services
If you desire to rank high in Google search index, you have to step up your keyword research game. Understanding the basics of your choice keyword ( Geographical, popularity, demographic factors, number of monthly searches) and it’s comparison to your closest competitor is important. Until you know what words and phrases are most important for your website to rank for – you cannot optimize the pages in your site, and you can’t start your content strategy to help draw qualified traffic and leads to your site.
You can use recommended keyword tools like;
Link building is the process of building inbound links for your websites. The popularity of a website or blog is sometimes determined by number of inbound links. Incoming links from an authority website(a popular website in your niche) is always awarded in Google search result.
Benefits of Link building include:
- More visibility of your blog in search result.
- High-quality incoming link means your site will be admired as a valuable resource. This could be easily done by writing quality content.
- Link building also helps in getting indexed in search result easily.
- Link building is also considered as an important aspect of SEO.
- Helps you to receive traffic from other websites linked to you.
To achieve quality link building, follow these strategies;
- Writing Epic content (Content that are linked naturally)
- Guest blogging for authority blogs in your niche.
- Epic Videos
- Directory Submission
- Dofollow blog comments
- Dofollow social bookmarking website.
- Write unique contents and inform bloggers other bloggers.
- Create Infographics.