Table of Contents
- 0.1 Today, we’ll be looking at some common seo mistakes bloggers and website owners do. These mistakes can cost you a whole lot; from losing traffic, losing your page ranks in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and even getting your website deleted from a search engine index.
- 0.2 Low Quality Backlinks:
- 0.3 Keyword Stuffing:
- 0.4 3. Avoid Duplicate Contents:
- 0.5 4. Not Having Unique Title Tags and Meta Descriptions:
- 0.6 5. Not Using Analytics and Conversion:
- 0.7 6. Avoid Black Hat SEO Methods:
- 0.8 7. Not Adapting To Search Engine Changes:
- 1 Share this:
- 2 Related
Today, we’ll be looking at some common seo mistakes bloggers and website owners do. These mistakes can cost you a whole lot; from losing traffic, losing your page ranks in search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing and even getting your website deleted from a search engine index.
This is a common mistake amongst bloggers. Backlinks are good options for SEO. But It should be high quality! If you purchase for backlinks, it will be very easy to get more backlinks quickly. Before purchasing for that backlink, WAIT ask yourself this; am I sure that these are all high quality links? No. You are not sure. So don’t purchase for backlinks and don’t accept any free link building offer. If your backlinks are in a penalized or spammy websites whose DA score is below 20, then, there’s trouble brewing. Google may penalize you and it may have bad affect for your site. So be very careful.
A link from an authoritative blog is more likely to boost your rankings and traffic than a couple of hundred links from low quality sources. Strive to get noticed by authority blogs in your niche, this is one effective way of building high quality backlinks.
Keyword stuffing refers to the shady tactic of stuffing a web page full of words and phrases in an attempt to manipulate a site’s rankings in Google’s search results. Intentional repetition of keywords in your post in a bid to increasing your ranking will definitely bring Google’s wrath over-time.
Have these tips at the back of your mind;
- Don’t use too many keywords in your content.
- Try to use short keywords. If you use a long keyword in your post many times, you aren’t far from the negative effects this will bring.
- Use relevant keyword(s).
- Keep keyword density below 4.5%.
- Add more content not more keywords.
- Create Unique and high quality contents for the audience.
3. Avoid Duplicate Contents:
Duplicate content is content that appears in more than one place on a website/webpage. Having duplicate content on your website is very bad for SEO and could get your content excluded from search results entirely. Search engines rarely show duplicate content, and when it appears, they strive to determine the original source of the piece.
To escape this, be sure that all your content is unique and original; don’t reuse the same content on different areas of your website.
4. Not Having Unique Title Tags and Meta Descriptions:
Every page on your website should have a unique title. Reasons being that your page titles are usually shared in tweets and used as the text when someone bookmarks your website, hence descriptive, unique titles are highly important.
Meta descriptions are also important. They are a 160 character sales pitch for your page within search results.
Therefore, make each one as unique and persuasive as possible. Your homepage and each page throughout your site should include a custom meta description that will make people want to click on your listing in search results, as well as include relevant keywords. For example:
- Homepage description: Ochiske’s Web Design Studio offers web design services for small businesses, including custom template design, WordPress customization, eCommerce websites, and more.
- WordPress customization page: Ochiske’s Web Design Studio offers WordPress customization, including custom WordPress template design, theme customization, and more.
5. Not Using Analytics and Conversion:
SEO, isnt just about building quality links, page optimization and the rest. It is also about conversion.
Seriously, if you’re not measuring your website’s data then you cannot possibly have any business objectives. Surely you’ll want to know which areas of your site are performing well and not so well in order to grow and optimize your site better.
Setup conversion goals and weekly reports. You’ll also need to monitor which phrases are converting, rather than terms that are driving most traffic. Setup and configure Google Analytics and Google Webmaster Tools for your website so you’ll be able to analyze your data in specific detail.
6. Avoid Black Hat SEO Methods:
In SEO, there are two types of practices; “black hat” and “white hat”. Hence, before choosing your seo vendor or specialist, ensure you have full details of which practice the person uses.
- Black Hat – These are practices that influence search results by violating search engine guidelines. Common tactics include keyword stuffing, purchased links, link exchanges (or farming), hidden text and links, blog comment spam. You can occasionally get quick gains using these methods; however, they are much, much riskier because search engines (Google in particular) actively monitor, penalize and even ban websites that try to cheat the system using these methods. You should avoid “Black Hat” practices at all cost!
- White Hat – These are respectable practices that are accepted and encouraged by search engines. Although they include a great deal of research and analysis, they last for a long time, improve the overall user experience and make your website and accuracy of search results better for everyone. The gains here tho might take longer to suffice, is better than that of Black Hat methods.
7. Not Adapting To Search Engine Changes:
Search engines continually change their algorithms to improve the quality of searches and to combat cheaters who try to manipulate the system. Keeping on top of the most recent updates is critical to achieving good search rankings.
Have any other suggestions? Kindly drop it in the comment box below!